Monday 13 July 2015

My first blog post!

Hello all and welcome to my blog!

It's the Sunday before the festival and I am finally getting everything sorted in preparation for the week ahead. Having never written a blog before (or been to a writers festival) I figured the best place to start would be to introduce myself to those reading. My name is Elizabeth Lane, I am 25 and currently in my final year of an Arts degree at Latrobe Bundoora. After months and years of agonising about what career path I will take once I finish my degree, I have finally settled on Librarianship! This is exciting, but also slightly devastating because my Mother is also a librarian and following in her footsteps goes against every teenage angst filled fibre that remains in my body. She is very excited about it though and keeps sending me Buzzfeed links like this and telling me librarian jokes.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the festival, although I am slightly dreading the 6 hour drive. Fortunately I have been given a spare room at one of the committee members house, so I can't wait to meet them and find out even more about what the week will bring. I am also thoroughly looking forward to an increase in temperature and hopefully some sunshine in Mildura, because the weather in Melbourne right now is quite agreeable if you're a duck, but pretty awful if your a human being that has hair that likes to resemble a troll doll at even a hint of moisture.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you dress warmly. It might be cold.

    Also the phrase is "if you're a duck or a gumboot".

    Dad

    ReplyDelete